Star's stolen pedigree dog found in Holloway
A WEST END star s pedigree pooch miraculously turned up in Holloway five days after she was dog-napped from her home. Sheridan Smith, star of hit stage show Legally Blonde The Musical, was left reeling when her rare breed Shar Pei dog Enid disappeared fro
A WEST END star's pedigree pooch miraculously turned up in Holloway five days after she was dog-napped from her home.
Sheridan Smith, star of hit stage show Legally Blonde The Musical, was left reeling when her rare breed Shar Pei dog Enid disappeared from the garden of her Crouch End home in what police are treating as a suspected theft.
Sheridan, 29, and five-year-old Enid were reunited when the dog was found a couple of miles away in Holloway on Monday of last week.
The crisis came less than three weeks after Enid last went missing through a hole in the garden fence in early September, only to be discovered 19 miles away in Dagenham the next day.
You may also want to watch:
Posting on Twitter website, Sheridan said: "It's a miracle, Enid was returned to me today! I can't go into detail because of the police investigation but thank you to every single one of you.
"It is most certainly because of you guys spreading the word that I got her back. You will never know how touched and grateful I am for all your kindness and support. I am overwhelmed and good certainly overcame evil! x"
- 1 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 2 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 3 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 4 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 5 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 6 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
Police are not treating the two disappearances as linked and the latest suspected theft is being investigated.
Up and coming talent Sheridan, who also played Smithy's sister in BBC sitcom Gavin and Stacey, launched searches on micro-blogging site Twitter after both disappearances asking the nation to keep a look out for lost Enid.
The dog was micro-chipped by Battersea Dogs & Cats Home after she first disappeared and Sheridan last week revealed fears for Enid's health when she was missing for five days, as the dog needs daily medication.
The Shar Pei breed is known for its distinctive deep wrinkles and puppies can sell for as much as �1,200.
The breed originated in China and was once close to extinction and named as one of the rarest breeds in the world.