Start-up of the week: Affordable studio is a weight off for PTs
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney/Islington. This week, we speak to the man behind an affordable workspace for fitness fantatics.
Personal trainers may want to muscle in on a new workspace dedicated solely to their profession.
PT Workspace in Shepperton Road, De Beauvoir, rents out affordable studios to help trainers in their business.
“Having had a personal trainer myself for years, I heard stories of how the big gyms would take the majority of their salaries and it didn’t seem fair,” said founder Nathan Khider.
The gym is also donating the takings from the high intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions on the first Thursday of every month to Macmillan Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan added: “My friend was diagnosed with cancer and the thing that build her confidence back up after was becoming a personal trainer. We’ve seen the great work Macmillan does.”
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 6 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 7 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 8 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 9 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
- 10 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'