Start-up of the week: Affordable studio is a weight off for PTs
- Credit: Archant
The Gazette hunts high and low each week to bring you news of the most interesting and unusual new businesses in Hackney/Islington. This week, we speak to the man behind an affordable workspace for fitness fantatics.
Personal trainers may want to muscle in on a new workspace dedicated solely to their profession.
PT Workspace in Shepperton Road, De Beauvoir, rents out affordable studios to help trainers in their business.
“Having had a personal trainer myself for years, I heard stories of how the big gyms would take the majority of their salaries and it didn’t seem fair,” said founder Nathan Khider.
The gym is also donating the takings from the high intensity interval training (HIIT) sessions on the first Thursday of every month to Macmillan Cancer Trust.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan added: “My friend was diagnosed with cancer and the thing that build her confidence back up after was becoming a personal trainer. We’ve seen the great work Macmillan does.”
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 6 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 7 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 8 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 9 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 10 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo