Start-up of the week: Finsbury Park wine bar promises to be a corker
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we speak to the borough’s latest wine shop.
A new wine bar and shop is coming to Finsbury Park.
Oak N4, in Wells Terrace, is planning on opening its first bottles on December 16 and boss Helena McKeown has given the Gazette a taste of what to expect.
“We wanted to mash a few concepts together,” she said. “Half of it will be a retail space selling bottles and the other half we will mix up a bit.
“We’ll have a communal table where people can sit and try a few tasters. We want to allow people to have a taste in a nice environment with information about different wines on hand.
You may also want to watch:
“To do that we’ll need to have enough stocked by the glass that people can try, and have knowledgeable staff too, which we do.”
Wine expert Raul Diaz, who has appeared on TV’s Sunday Brunch, has helped design the menu and will also hold in-store events.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 3 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 7 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 8 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 9 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 10 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'