Start-up of the week: Finsbury Park wine bar promises to be a corker
- Credit: Archant
Every week, we take to the streets to find a start-up business right here in Islington. This week, we speak to the borough’s latest wine shop.
A new wine bar and shop is coming to Finsbury Park.
Oak N4, in Wells Terrace, is planning on opening its first bottles on December 16 and boss Helena McKeown has given the Gazette a taste of what to expect.
“We wanted to mash a few concepts together,” she said. “Half of it will be a retail space selling bottles and the other half we will mix up a bit.
“We’ll have a communal table where people can sit and try a few tasters. We want to allow people to have a taste in a nice environment with information about different wines on hand.
You may also want to watch:
“To do that we’ll need to have enough stocked by the glass that people can try, and have knowledgeable staff too, which we do.”
Wine expert Raul Diaz, who has appeared on TV’s Sunday Brunch, has helped design the menu and will also hold in-store events.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 5 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 9 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion