Stella Stavrou, 75, missing from Highbury – without vital diabetes and mental health medication
- Credit: Archant
Police have joined the search for a 75-year-old woman who went missing in Islington yesterday – without vital medication for her diabetes and mental health disorders.
Stella Stavrou was last seen in Canning Road, Highbury, at about 1.30pm.
Police described her as white and of Greek heritage. She is just under 5ft tall and of small build, with grey hair swept back.
She may be near the Whittington Hospital, or around Highbury, police said this morning.
Ms Stavrou was wearing a black and white checked knee-length skirt, black leggings and black suede shoes when she was last seen.
You may also want to watch:
She is due medication for dementia, paranoid schizophrenia and diabetes, but isn’t believed to have it with her. She has not gone missing before, police said.
Anyone who has seen her is urged to call 101 for the police, or contact Missing People on 116 000.
- 1 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
UPDATE: Ms Stavrou has been found safe and well.