Stella Stavrou, 75, missing from Highbury – without vital diabetes and mental health medication
- Credit: Archant
Police have joined the search for a 75-year-old woman who went missing in Islington yesterday – without vital medication for her diabetes and mental health disorders.
Stella Stavrou was last seen in Canning Road, Highbury, at about 1.30pm.
Police described her as white and of Greek heritage. She is just under 5ft tall and of small build, with grey hair swept back.
She may be near the Whittington Hospital, or around Highbury, police said this morning.
Ms Stavrou was wearing a black and white checked knee-length skirt, black leggings and black suede shoes when she was last seen.
You may also want to watch:
She is due medication for dementia, paranoid schizophrenia and diabetes, but isn’t believed to have it with her. She has not gone missing before, police said.
Anyone who has seen her is urged to call 101 for the police, or contact Missing People on 116 000.
- 1 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 2 Finsbury Park sex assault: Man arrested on suspicion of rape
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Survey: Where are the safest and most unsafe streets where you live?
- 5 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 6 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 7 Hundreds are heirs to an estate and may not even know
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn echoes Iain Duncan Smith's call to review £1.2bn incinerator plans
- 9 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 10 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
UPDATE: Ms Stavrou has been found safe and well.