Stephen Fry reading screened live at Islington cinema
Islington s Vue Cinema will screen a special live broadcast of the renowned raconteur and comedian Stephen Fry as he regales chapters from his new book: The Fry Chronicles.
Islington's Vue Cinema will screen a special live broadcast of the renowned raconteur and comedian Stephen Fry as he regales chapters from his new book: The Fry Chronicles.
Tickets for the reading at Royal Festival Hall sold out so quickly thousands of fans were left disappointed, but now they can catch the event on the big screen at the N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Stephen's latest book details some of the most turbulent and least well known years of his life, and the passages he will read promise to excite, inform, entertain and surprise.
The one off performance on September 13 will be streamed via a satellite feed to Islington Vue and 15 other Vue cinemas across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
In a cinema trailer released last month, Stephen said: "As part of a thrilling new experiment the event will be broadcast live from the Royal Festival Hall direct via satellite to selected cinemas all over the country - live - as it actually happens - in two glorious dimensions. If you can bear to join me - get a ticket, bring some popcorn and a friend and make a party of it!"
As well as offering an exclusive preview of his hilarious, frank and uncompromising new book, the UK's favourite Tweeter will be holding a question and answer session via the social networking site after the reading. The tweet Q&A will also be shown live on screen, giving customers the chance to get truly interactive, as if they were there!
- 1 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 2 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 8 Letter: Saving green spaces from development
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Islington shooting victim named
Mark De Quervain, sales and marketing director of Vue Entertainment, said: "At Vue we are committed to offering a wide choice of entertainment to our customers, so we are very pleased to announce this exciting and unusual project with Stephen Fry as an addition to our continually growing alternative content programme. As well as screening classic and art house films, we are also showing a season of classical opera performances including Swan Lake and the Nutcracker, which will be shown during the winter.
- Tickets for the screening cost �12.50. To book tickets visit www.myvue.com.