Stephen Fry reading screened live at Islington cinema
Islington s Vue Cinema will screen a special live broadcast of the renowned raconteur and comedian Stephen Fry as he regales chapters from his new book: The Fry Chronicles.
Islington's Vue Cinema will screen a special live broadcast of the renowned raconteur and comedian Stephen Fry as he regales chapters from his new book: The Fry Chronicles.
Tickets for the reading at Royal Festival Hall sold out so quickly thousands of fans were left disappointed, but now they can catch the event on the big screen at the N1 Centre, in Parkfield Street, Islington.
Stephen's latest book details some of the most turbulent and least well known years of his life, and the passages he will read promise to excite, inform, entertain and surprise.
The one off performance on September 13 will be streamed via a satellite feed to Islington Vue and 15 other Vue cinemas across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
In a cinema trailer released last month, Stephen said: "As part of a thrilling new experiment the event will be broadcast live from the Royal Festival Hall direct via satellite to selected cinemas all over the country - live - as it actually happens - in two glorious dimensions. If you can bear to join me - get a ticket, bring some popcorn and a friend and make a party of it!"
As well as offering an exclusive preview of his hilarious, frank and uncompromising new book, the UK's favourite Tweeter will be holding a question and answer session via the social networking site after the reading. The tweet Q&A will also be shown live on screen, giving customers the chance to get truly interactive, as if they were there!
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
Mark De Quervain, sales and marketing director of Vue Entertainment, said: "At Vue we are committed to offering a wide choice of entertainment to our customers, so we are very pleased to announce this exciting and unusual project with Stephen Fry as an addition to our continually growing alternative content programme. As well as screening classic and art house films, we are also showing a season of classical opera performances including Swan Lake and the Nutcracker, which will be shown during the winter.
- Tickets for the screening cost �12.50. To book tickets visit www.myvue.com.