‘Street-pie Party’ in Barnsbury brings neighbours together
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours on a Barnsbury estate came together over pies at a party aimed at building friendships.
Residents at the Bermerton estate applied for the “Streetie-Pie Party” – run by neighbourhood sharing project Streetbank – earlier in the year and courtesy of West Sussex pie makers Higgidy, were able to bond over the delicious pastry snacks for free.
Streetbank is the biggest website of its kind in the UK, currently enabling over 38,000 people to share things and skills with neighbours.
The organisers hope that the Streetie-Pie Party will encourage more people to join and gain access to the thousands of pounds worth of stuff available to the hundreds of members using Streetbank in Islington.
Sam Stephens, founder of Streetbank, said: “I’m delighted to see Streetbank members and the residents of the Bemerton estate coming together for an evening of pies and merriment, thanks to our friends at Higgidy.
“A huge number of us have things gathering dust at home, incredibly useful things but which we rarely need or that become idle, like DIY tools or baby gear.
“Sharing this stuff on Streetbank not only saves us money, it’s greener and brings people together.”
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 3 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 6 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 7 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 8 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
To become part of Streetbank, sign up for free at streetbank.com