‘Street-pie Party’ in Barnsbury brings neighbours together
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours on a Barnsbury estate came together over pies at a party aimed at building friendships.
Residents at the Bermerton estate applied for the “Streetie-Pie Party” – run by neighbourhood sharing project Streetbank – earlier in the year and courtesy of West Sussex pie makers Higgidy, were able to bond over the delicious pastry snacks for free.
Streetbank is the biggest website of its kind in the UK, currently enabling over 38,000 people to share things and skills with neighbours.
The organisers hope that the Streetie-Pie Party will encourage more people to join and gain access to the thousands of pounds worth of stuff available to the hundreds of members using Streetbank in Islington.
Sam Stephens, founder of Streetbank, said: “I’m delighted to see Streetbank members and the residents of the Bemerton estate coming together for an evening of pies and merriment, thanks to our friends at Higgidy.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge number of us have things gathering dust at home, incredibly useful things but which we rarely need or that become idle, like DIY tools or baby gear.
“Sharing this stuff on Streetbank not only saves us money, it’s greener and brings people together.”
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 5 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Islington shooting victim named
- 9 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 10 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
To become part of Streetbank, sign up for free at streetbank.com