‘Street-pie Party’ in Barnsbury brings neighbours together
- Credit: Archant
Neighbours on a Barnsbury estate came together over pies at a party aimed at building friendships.
Residents at the Bermerton estate applied for the “Streetie-Pie Party” – run by neighbourhood sharing project Streetbank – earlier in the year and courtesy of West Sussex pie makers Higgidy, were able to bond over the delicious pastry snacks for free.
Streetbank is the biggest website of its kind in the UK, currently enabling over 38,000 people to share things and skills with neighbours.
The organisers hope that the Streetie-Pie Party will encourage more people to join and gain access to the thousands of pounds worth of stuff available to the hundreds of members using Streetbank in Islington.
Sam Stephens, founder of Streetbank, said: “I’m delighted to see Streetbank members and the residents of the Bemerton estate coming together for an evening of pies and merriment, thanks to our friends at Higgidy.
You may also want to watch:
“A huge number of us have things gathering dust at home, incredibly useful things but which we rarely need or that become idle, like DIY tools or baby gear.
“Sharing this stuff on Streetbank not only saves us money, it’s greener and brings people together.”
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 4 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 5 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Spectrum to C5: How Clive Sinclair began the UK’s tech revolution from a house in Islington
- 8 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
To become part of Streetbank, sign up for free at streetbank.com