Successful operation for key Arsenal midfielder
Jack Wilshere happy with ankle operation
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is ‘happy’ after an operation on his right ankle was completed on Monday morning.
The England midfielder is unlikely to be out for the rest of the year with the stress fracture he picked up playing for England’s Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland in June.
The 19-year-old had been wearing a protective boot, but doctors decided he needed surgery.
Speaking via his Twitter account, Wilshere said: “Had my operation and all went well! I am feeling good will spend the night in hospital to monitor me but apart from that I am happy!”
You may also want to watch:
Last season PFA Young player of the year has been a revelation for club and country and his absence has been sorely missed by Arsenal, who have struggled without him in their side.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 7 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'