Successful operation for key Arsenal midfielder
Jack Wilshere happy with ankle operation
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere is ‘happy’ after an operation on his right ankle was completed on Monday morning.
The England midfielder is unlikely to be out for the rest of the year with the stress fracture he picked up playing for England’s Euro 2012 qualifier with Switzerland in June.
The 19-year-old had been wearing a protective boot, but doctors decided he needed surgery.
Speaking via his Twitter account, Wilshere said: “Had my operation and all went well! I am feeling good will spend the night in hospital to monitor me but apart from that I am happy!”
You may also want to watch:
Last season PFA Young player of the year has been a revelation for club and country and his absence has been sorely missed by Arsenal, who have struggled without him in their side.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 3 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 4 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 9 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 10 Mum-of-two 'loses everything' in Islington fire