Swansea City v Arsenal: your best bets
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
On paper, Saturday’s Premier League clash between the Gunners and Swansea at the Liberty Stadium has ‘away win’ written all over it.
Aside from their pre-Christmas defeats at Everton and Manchester City, Arsenal have not lost a league match since the opening day of the campaign, while Swansea have lost four of their last five league fixtures; no wonder William Hill price them at 6/1 to win.
However, given what’s at stake for the home side, who have flirted uncomfortably with the relegation zone all season, this is no foregone conclusion. Arsenal might be Skybet’s 4/9 jollies, but few punters are anticipating a walkover.
Arsene Wenger’s side won 3-2 when the sides last met in October, a result which the match stats team at bettingexpert.com report was something of a rarity for this fixture – only one of the pair’s previous eight duels had ended in a home win.
Nonetheless, in-form striker Olivier Giroud is bet365’s 9/2 favourite to open the scoring on Saturday, with Marathonbet chalking 6/1 about a 1-0 victory for Wenger’s men.
Most backers expect the contest to be dominated by defences, a stance which complements the appeal of both 888sport’s 4/1 odds posted about the draw and BetVictor’s 11/2 for both halves to end all-square.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Fernando Llorente is a 3/1 shot with bet365 to score at any time, while 10bet chalk a massive 20/1 about a 1-0 home victory.
In other markets, BetVictor’s 5/4 for the match to yield fewer than 2.5 goals looks decent value, while the 7/5 Ladbrokes offer for the Gunners to retain a clean sheet has proved popular among punters.
- 1 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 2 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 3 Islington shooting victim named
- 4 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 6 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 7 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 8 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Islington is getting a big name restaurant
Paddy Power rate the chances of Arsenal securing maximum points without conceding to be a 9/5 shot, and 188bet post 5/2 in favour of them enjoying a one-goal margin of victory.
Odds courtesy of customisable odds comparison site SmartBets.com. Make sure you’re getting the best free tips online at www.bettingexpert.com.
Arsenal to win: 4/9, Skybet
Arsenal to win when starting with a one-goal deficit: 6/5, Coral
Arsenal to win 2-0: 13/2, bet365