Tails wag at Highbury charity dog walk
More than 100 animal lovers enjoyed a sponsored dog walk in the weekend’s unseasonably warm sunshine.
London’s third annual Waggy Walk took place at Highbury Fields on Sunday (Oct 2) and raised vital cash for the dog welfare charity Dogs Trust, which organised the event.
Sian Fairlie from Dogs Trust West London said: “We’re thrilled that so many two-legged and four-legged friends supported us at Highbury Fields on Sunday. London’s dog-lovers really did us proud!
“Events like this are essential to increase awareness of the work of Dogs Trust. They also raise much needed funds to help us continue to care for as many dogs as possible. So we’d like to say a huge thank you to all who came along or sponsored a Waggy Walker.”
The London Waggy Walk was one of 12 taking place simultaneously across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
To organise your own Waggy Walk, register for �3 at www.waggywalks.org.uk or to sponsor the event mascot visit www.justgiving.com/waggywalks.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 2 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 3 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 4 Arsenal offers behind scenes tour of Emirates Stadium at Covid jab pop-up
- 5 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Campaign groups link up for Hackney Town Hall anti-road closure demo
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 10 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion