Tails wag at Highbury charity dog walk
More than 100 animal lovers enjoyed a sponsored dog walk in the weekend’s unseasonably warm sunshine.
London’s third annual Waggy Walk took place at Highbury Fields on Sunday (Oct 2) and raised vital cash for the dog welfare charity Dogs Trust, which organised the event.
Sian Fairlie from Dogs Trust West London said: “We’re thrilled that so many two-legged and four-legged friends supported us at Highbury Fields on Sunday. London’s dog-lovers really did us proud!
“Events like this are essential to increase awareness of the work of Dogs Trust. They also raise much needed funds to help us continue to care for as many dogs as possible. So we’d like to say a huge thank you to all who came along or sponsored a Waggy Walker.”
The London Waggy Walk was one of 12 taking place simultaneously across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
To organise your own Waggy Walk, register for �3 at www.waggywalks.org.uk or to sponsor the event mascot visit www.justgiving.com/waggywalks.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers