Take part in a six lap charity run round Arsenal’s Emirates stadium
- Credit: Alan Walter
Fundraisers are gearing up for a six-lap fun run around Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
They will do so to collect cash for the Arsenal Foundation on Saturday, April 5.
Be a Gunner, Be a Runner returns after its launch last year and involves a 3.2-mile course for adults and a shorter one or two-lap race for children aged up to 14.
Since it launched in May 2012, the Arsenal Foundation has raised more than £1million, supporting projects that are benefiting in excess of 100,000 people.
This year’s event will have a special heroes theme, with runners encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day. There are prizes on offer for the best dressed.
Entry to the event costs £15 for adults (aged 15 and over) and £5 for juniors (aged 14 and under).
Due to the limited number of spaces available, all adult runners are encouraged to raise a minimum of £150 in sponsorship.
- 1 Islington's Tory councillor calls for low traffic neighbourhoods to be scrapped
- 2 New nursery promises ‘outstanding childcare’ for Highbury
- 3 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 4 Islington's first Amazon Fresh store opens in Angel
- 5 Residents to quiz council over homes at Holloway Prison site
- 6 Meating climate commitments: are butchers on their way out?
- 7 Reality TV star's brother ‘wasn't involved in drug-trafficking’, murder trial hears
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Remembering London's teenage homicide victims in 2021
- 10 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
Any runner who manages to raise more than £500 for the charity will be a Top Gunner and receive a unique race shirt on the day, as well as a special prize as a thank- you for their support.
n Anyone wishing to take part can enter at bagbar2014.eventbrite.co.uk