Take part in a six lap charity run round Arsenal’s Emirates stadium
- Credit: Alan Walter
Fundraisers are gearing up for a six-lap fun run around Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
They will do so to collect cash for the Arsenal Foundation on Saturday, April 5.
Be a Gunner, Be a Runner returns after its launch last year and involves a 3.2-mile course for adults and a shorter one or two-lap race for children aged up to 14.
Since it launched in May 2012, the Arsenal Foundation has raised more than £1million, supporting projects that are benefiting in excess of 100,000 people.
This year’s event will have a special heroes theme, with runners encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day. There are prizes on offer for the best dressed.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the event costs £15 for adults (aged 15 and over) and £5 for juniors (aged 14 and under).
Due to the limited number of spaces available, all adult runners are encouraged to raise a minimum of £150 in sponsorship.
- 1 Dangerous driving complaints spur Holloway right-turn bans
- 2 Emirates pop-up Covid-19 vaccine clinic opens for a second time
- 3 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 4 Covid-19 cases start to drop off in Islington
- 5 More than 1,000 knives surrendered in Islington’s knife bins
- 6 Former Islington BC Slavisa Gegic fighter visits his old club
- 7 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Escape in Islington this weekend: Lovely food and great new shows
- 10 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
Any runner who manages to raise more than £500 for the charity will be a Top Gunner and receive a unique race shirt on the day, as well as a special prize as a thank- you for their support.
n Anyone wishing to take part can enter at bagbar2014.eventbrite.co.uk