Take part in a six lap charity run round Arsenal’s Emirates stadium
- Credit: Alan Walter
Fundraisers are gearing up for a six-lap fun run around Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
They will do so to collect cash for the Arsenal Foundation on Saturday, April 5.
Be a Gunner, Be a Runner returns after its launch last year and involves a 3.2-mile course for adults and a shorter one or two-lap race for children aged up to 14.
Since it launched in May 2012, the Arsenal Foundation has raised more than £1million, supporting projects that are benefiting in excess of 100,000 people.
This year’s event will have a special heroes theme, with runners encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day. There are prizes on offer for the best dressed.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the event costs £15 for adults (aged 15 and over) and £5 for juniors (aged 14 and under).
Due to the limited number of spaces available, all adult runners are encouraged to raise a minimum of £150 in sponsorship.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 8 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
Any runner who manages to raise more than £500 for the charity will be a Top Gunner and receive a unique race shirt on the day, as well as a special prize as a thank- you for their support.
n Anyone wishing to take part can enter at bagbar2014.eventbrite.co.uk