Take part in a six lap charity run round Arsenal’s Emirates stadium
- Credit: Alan Walter
Fundraisers are gearing up for a six-lap fun run around Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium.
They will do so to collect cash for the Arsenal Foundation on Saturday, April 5.
Be a Gunner, Be a Runner returns after its launch last year and involves a 3.2-mile course for adults and a shorter one or two-lap race for children aged up to 14.
Since it launched in May 2012, the Arsenal Foundation has raised more than £1million, supporting projects that are benefiting in excess of 100,000 people.
This year’s event will have a special heroes theme, with runners encouraged to wear fancy dress on the day. There are prizes on offer for the best dressed.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the event costs £15 for adults (aged 15 and over) and £5 for juniors (aged 14 and under).
Due to the limited number of spaces available, all adult runners are encouraged to raise a minimum of £150 in sponsorship.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 5 New pub opens in place of The Monarch in Chalk Farm Road
- 6 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Two men jailed for life after double murder
- 10 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
Any runner who manages to raise more than £500 for the charity will be a Top Gunner and receive a unique race shirt on the day, as well as a special prize as a thank- you for their support.
n Anyone wishing to take part can enter at bagbar2014.eventbrite.co.uk