Men charged with murdering Taylor Cox receive Old Bailey date
- Credit: Met Police
A man charged with murdering 19-year-old Taylor Cox in Islington is set to appear at the Old Bailey next month.
Robel Michael, 20, of no fixed address, was arrested on August 4 and has already appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court but is yet to enter a plea.
Taylor, who lived in Barnet, was found with a head injury after police were called to reports of shots fired in Hornsey Rise Gardens shortly before 4.30pm on June 8.
Michael is set to appear at the Central Criminal Court, also known as the Old Bailey, on September 1 for a mention. He is set to be back on October 25 for a pre-trial preparation hearing - which indicates a not guilty plea could follow.
Also appearing is set to be Jaden McGibbon, 20, of Warltersville Road, Islington, who was charged with murder on June 13.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting Op Trewen CAD 5570/08JUN21.
Alternatively, to remain anonymous, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 2 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 10 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency