Islington HR company set to take on year-long fundraising drive
- Credit: TCM
An Islington HR company is hoping to raise £5,000 over the next year in a fundraising drive for a heart charity.
The TCM Group, in Upper Street, is aiming to raise cash for the British Heart Foundation (BHF) by encouraging staff to take on sponsored challenges and asking clients to make a donation for webinars and resources.
The charity will also be the beneficiary of an event to mark TCM's 20th anniversary this year.
This partnership follows TCM's fundraising campaign in the run-up to Christmas which saw the company raise just over £1,000.
David Liddle, chief executive and founder of TCM, said: “As we all know, the past year has been hugely challenging, and we recognise the particular strain that has been put on charities."
You may also want to watch:
He continued: "We are proud to be in a position where we can provide our ongoing support to the charity, and are looking forward to getting involved with fundraising activities, promoting heart health and wellbeing amongst our staff, and perhaps even getting involved with some volunteer work at their local shops.”
Nicola Reavey, fundraising manager for BHF, said because of the pandemic, its ability to invest in research is likely to fall by £50 million this year.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 5 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington