Teacher launches crowdfunder to turn bus into music studio for kids in Hackney, Islington and Camden
- Credit: Petru Cotarcea
A music teacher has launched a crowdfunding campaign to take music lessons to children in poorer areas on a double-decker bus.
Petru Cotarcea said his goal is to purchase a second-hand bus to turn into a musical space for lessons and workshops, providing music education to children in Hackney, Islington and Camden who cannot afford them.
He said: “Music is important. Everyone should have access to it regardless of their income, and we have the opportunity to introduce it to them.
“It seems only rich people can afford lessons, and as a result people from lower social areas just don’t have access to it which is unfair.”
Aiming to raise £15,000, Petru hopes to have the bus up and running by March 2019.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “So far I’ve had ecstatic feedback from our clients, musicians – they all think it’s needed and something has to be done.”
The crowdfunder can be viewed here.
- 1 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 2 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 Islington shooting victim named
- 7 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 8 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington