Teacher launches crowdfunder to turn bus into music studio for kids in Hackney, Islington and Camden
- Credit: Petru Cotarcea
A music teacher has launched a crowdfunding campaign to take music lessons to children in poorer areas on a double-decker bus.
Petru Cotarcea said his goal is to purchase a second-hand bus to turn into a musical space for lessons and workshops, providing music education to children in Hackney, Islington and Camden who cannot afford them.
He said: “Music is important. Everyone should have access to it regardless of their income, and we have the opportunity to introduce it to them.
“It seems only rich people can afford lessons, and as a result people from lower social areas just don’t have access to it which is unfair.”
Aiming to raise £15,000, Petru hopes to have the bus up and running by March 2019.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “So far I’ve had ecstatic feedback from our clients, musicians – they all think it’s needed and something has to be done.”
The crowdfunder can be viewed here.
- 1 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 2 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 7 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 8 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 9 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 10 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator