Tech City: Expert advice for start-ups
- Credit: Archant
Budding entrepreneurs were given hints and tips from the likes of Google and Barclays at a special event on Thursday.
Start-Up Day, organised by Made Simple, took place at the company’s offices in Wenlock Road, Shoreditch.
More than 40 new businesses turned up to get advice on marketing plans, how to move ideas from the kitchen table to the high street, SEO optimisation, website names, business plans, tax efficiency and more at the all day conference.
As well as big names, heads of recent startups were on hand to share their pearls of wisdom.
Darren Litton, founder of Cocoba Chocolate (www.cocobachocolate.com) told his tale of going from city accountant to following his passion and opening a pop-up, then cafe.
You may also want to watch:
There was also the chance to book in for one on one sessions with experts, as well as plenty of networking opportunities.
Michelle Carvill, marketing director at Madesimple, said: “What a day.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 4 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 5 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 6 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 7 Callum Chambers could be Arsenal's starting right-back
- 8 Summer in the city: 5 Things to do in Islington this weekend
- 9 Statue to street cat Bob unveiled in Islington Green
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
It was great for the team to talk face to face with customers and startups, and wonderful to expose the startups that joined us on the day to all the practical expert advice they need when starting out with their new business ventures.
“We all loved it and the feedback from delegates and partners has been fabulous and very encouraging.
“We’ll be hosting more of these start up days for sure.”
Made Simple moved to Tech City at the back end of last year.
They offer “a range of products dedicated to providing online solutions” for new businesses, including virtual office space and business training.