Tech City: New workspace combines benefits of café and office
- Credit: Archant
A co-working space in Tech City is perking up the office with a new concept space blending fast connectivity and artisan coffee on demand.
For entrepreneurs and small businesses in need of an energised work environment, The Coffice aims to be the pick-me-up to match their demand.
Pioneered by The Brew working space, The Coffice is designed to offer workers the benefits of a café environment without the distractions or struggle of getting a seat, wifi or plug sockets.
Workers bring their own device and can connect to 200mb wifi as well as surrounding themselves with a creative, like-minded community. Plug sockets are also available at every seat.
With the latest statistics revealing a meteoric rise in self-employment over the past few years, managing director of The Brew, in Shoreditch, Andrew Clough, said he thought the space would breathe new life into conventional 9-to-5 offices.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The Coffice is the UK’s first purpose-built office-café hybrid and marks the emergence of a new era for the co-working sphere.
“We’re incredibly excited to launch this innovative workspace and help Londoners to enjoy collective entrepreneurial spirit, creative vibes, a tight-knit community feel plus London roasted artisan coffee and great home-cooked food.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
“It’s a brilliant fit for The Brew which is a hub for tech companies, entrepreneurs and freelancers.”
As well as providing Londoners with an alternative – and free - work environment, The Coffice also brews fresh artisan coffee from London roasters, Volcano.
Workers are kept fuelled throughout the day with homemade French-inspired breakfasts and lunches available on the premises.
The kitchen is overseen by Brew members Jonathan Dupont and Anne Roque.
Andrew said: “Anne and Jonathan have been looking to launch their French-style café concept for a while, so when we heard their plans we thought it would be a terrific idea for The Brew Eagle House.