Tufnell Park stabbing: Teenager in hospital after Cathcart Hill knife attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in hospital after being stabbed in Tufnell Park this afternoon.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS) at about 3.25pm to reports of an altercation on Cathcart Hill.
Officers and a helicopter from London's Air Ambulance found a man, believed to be in his late teens, suffering from a stab wound at the scene.
A Scotland Yard spokesperson said: "A knife was recovered nearby and a crime scene remains in place."
No arrests have been made. Police are investigating.
You may also want to watch:
One neighbours, who asked to remain anonymous, posted on Facebook: "I was horrified as I was coming into my flats and the boy. He was holding his left breast saying: 'I have been stabbed. Apparently he had a puncture wound in [his] lung."
The boy's condition was initially thought to be life-threatening but police no longer believe this is the case.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 3 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 4 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 5 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 6 Police investigation criticised as officer who knelt on suspect is let off
- 7 Jungle Cruise (12A)
- 8 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 9 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 10 Heartbreak for Team GB as Australia end Olympic dream