Teenager seriously injured after falling from Archway Bridge
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman is seriously injured after falling from the Archway Bridge yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the Hornsey Lane bridge just after 4.15pm along with fire crews and medics.
The teenager fell and was taken to hospital after being treated by London Ambulance Service workers. Her injuries are not life-threatening.
Roads were closed while emergency services dealt with the situation.
Long-awaited safety measures for the notorious bridge were signed off by Islington and Haringey councils in September last year, but may not be installed until August.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Council will be overseeing the work, as the responsible authority. A spokesperson said: “We have planning permission to install a new fence and the procurement process is still on programme.
“The installation is programmed to start late May/June and is expected to take around eight weeks.”
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Big name restaurant hints at Islington opening
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teenager is shot in Islington
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Call Samaritans for confidential emotional support, free on 116 123.