Teenager seriously injured after falling from Archway Bridge
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old woman is seriously injured after falling from the Archway Bridge yesterday afternoon.
Police were called to the Hornsey Lane bridge just after 4.15pm along with fire crews and medics.
The teenager fell and was taken to hospital after being treated by London Ambulance Service workers. Her injuries are not life-threatening.
Roads were closed while emergency services dealt with the situation.
Long-awaited safety measures for the notorious bridge were signed off by Islington and Haringey councils in September last year, but may not be installed until August.
You may also want to watch:
Haringey Council will be overseeing the work, as the responsible authority. A spokesperson said: “We have planning permission to install a new fence and the procurement process is still on programme.
“The installation is programmed to start late May/June and is expected to take around eight weeks.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 9 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 10 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
Call Samaritans for confidential emotional support, free on 116 123.