Highbury stabbing: Teenager knifed in Fieldway Crescent attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed near Highbury Fields yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at about 2.50pm to reports of a knife attack in Fieldway Crescent.
Officers and medics found an 18-year-old man suffering from a stab injury at the scene.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment; his condition is not life-threatening."
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
Police authorised a borough-wide Section 60 order yesterday evening - giving them enhanced stop and search powers - due to this attack and other "minor skirmishes" involving weapons.
You may also want to watch:
The Section 60 expired at 6am this morning.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Hackney and Islington see another rise in Covid-19 cases
- 2 Taylor Cox 'wanted to play pro football until he was stabbed two years ago'
- 3 Launch date for Gordon Ramsay's Upper Street burger chain
- 4 Upper Street flat attack: Man, 58, stabbed in neck and back
- 5 Letters: Fighting to keep Wray Crescent Park available to all
- 6 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhood scheme
- 7 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 8 Highbury woman repairs clothes outside H&M in stand against fast fashion
- 9 Police investigate alleged Finsbury Park rape
- 10 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020