Highbury stabbing: Teenager knifed in Fieldway Crescent attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenager was stabbed near Highbury Fields yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at about 2.50pm to reports of a knife attack in Fieldway Crescent.
Officers and medics found an 18-year-old man suffering from a stab injury at the scene.
A Met Police spokesperson said: "He was taken to an east London hospital for treatment; his condition is not life-threatening."
No arrests have been made and police are investigating.
Police authorised a borough-wide Section 60 order yesterday evening - giving them enhanced stop and search powers - due to this attack and other "minor skirmishes" involving weapons.
You may also want to watch:
The Section 60 expired at 6am this morning.
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 07785 616244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 5 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault