Two 17-year-olds charged after alleged knifepoint robbery in Highgate
- Credit: Google
Fast-acting officers arrested two teenagers just minutes after a 15-year-old boy was allegedly robbed at knifepoint in Highgate.
The schoolboy was walking up Highgate Hill at about 3.30pm on January 6 when he was allegedly approached by two youths and threatened with a knife for his Apple AirPod earphones and his mobile.
The victim found his friend nearby, who called police, and officers from central north area’s violence suppression unit and central emergency response team flooded the area.
A 17-year-old boy (A) from Islington was arrested in Junction Road on suspicion of robbery, while another 17-year-old (B) from Islington was arrested in Hargrave Park on suspicion of robbery, possession of a Class B drug (cannabis) and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place.
They were both charged on January 7 and appeared in custody at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on January 8.
You may also want to watch:
'A' pleaded guilty to robbery and was bailed to January 12, where he was ordered to pay £50 compensation and referred to a youth offenders panel, while 'B' was remanded to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court on January 28.
Sgt Danny Jones said: “This was a nasty robbery and a terrifying ordeal for the young victim, who luckily was not injured."
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 2 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 3 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 4 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 5 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 6 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 7 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 What's opening in Islington when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 10 Landlord of Tollington Arms - popular with Arsenal fans - faces eviction