Tenants evicted from Holloway flat after cocaine, MDMA and cannabis found
- Credit: Archant
Tenants have been permanently evicted from a flat after cocaine, MDMA and cannabis were found at the property.
Police twice raided the address in Isledon Court, Williamson Stret, Holloway, and found drugs on both occasions.
During the first search in search in September they found significant quantities on class A drugs – cocaine and MDMA – plus cannabis and arrested two men.
The second swoop on November turned up a small amount of cannabis and a woman and a man were arrested.
Last month Circle 33 housing, which owns the property, got a possession order and have now permanently evicted the tenants.
You may also want to watch:
Pc David Wright from the Neighbourhood Support Team said: “I am pleased that this address has been closed down and the tenants who caused misery to law abiding residents have now been permanently evicted. I hope this will encourage other residents to report drug related activity in their neighbourhood so that we can take action“.
- 1 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 2 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 3 Islington Council backtracks on promise to save mulberry tree
- 4 Historic pub The Cuckoo ready to welcome locals inside after refurbishment
- 5 Reaction from winners of Islington by-elections
- 6 Upper Street chef raises money for St Vincent volcano victims
- 7 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 8 Islington Boxing Club receives a major boost in fundraising campaign
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Islington district seal victory over Camden