Tenants evicted from Holloway flat after cocaine, MDMA and cannabis found
- Credit: Archant
Tenants have been permanently evicted from a flat after cocaine, MDMA and cannabis were found at the property.
Police twice raided the address in Isledon Court, Williamson Stret, Holloway, and found drugs on both occasions.
During the first search in search in September they found significant quantities on class A drugs – cocaine and MDMA – plus cannabis and arrested two men.
The second swoop on November turned up a small amount of cannabis and a woman and a man were arrested.
Last month Circle 33 housing, which owns the property, got a possession order and have now permanently evicted the tenants.
You may also want to watch:
Pc David Wright from the Neighbourhood Support Team said: “I am pleased that this address has been closed down and the tenants who caused misery to law abiding residents have now been permanently evicted. I hope this will encourage other residents to report drug related activity in their neighbourhood so that we can take action“.
- 1 Why Angel station was closed yesterday
- 2 Family appeal for help to find Islington man missing for more than two weeks
- 3 How much do you know about Islington?
- 4 Architectural view: A tribute to bricks and Haggerston's 'houses of commons'
- 5 Islington eco-festival opens – but what about the Edmonton incinerator?
- 6 Bull's head with links to 'Cally Market' going under the hammer
- 7 Former election candidate convicted of having a knife in public
- 8 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 9 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 10 Letter: 'Highbury Corner is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'