Tennis star Rafael Nadal takes over Angel Tube station
Tennis ace Rafael Nadal has replaced the Angel on an Olympic-themed Tube map.
Transport for London has produced a novelty map that sees past and present sporting stars take the place of station names.
Nadal’s great rival Roger Federer features as Old Street, while medal-winning basketball players, sprinters and sailors are also included in place of Islington stops.
Sports journalists Alex Trickett and David Brooks, who picked the names, said: “We love sport, we love lists and we love London, so what better challenge than to select 361 of the greatest athletes the world has ever seen and to fit them on to our iconic tube map.
“There were heated debates and a few late changes of heart, but we are happy with the result.”
You may also want to watch:
The map is being sold by TfL as a poster.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal