Europa League draw: Find out the three teams Arsenal will face
- Credit: DPA Germany
The Europa League draw has taken place. Find out the three teams Arsenal will face in the group stages.
The Europa League draw has taken place on Friday lunchtime.
Unai Emery’s side will face Sporting Lisbon, Azerbaijan’s Qarabag and FC Vorskla from Ukraine.
The tie with Sporting Lisbon is the first against the Portuguese giants since the Gunners beat them in November 1969 on the way to lifting the Fairs Cup.
Bertie Mee’s side drew 0-0 in Lisbon in the second round, first leg before dispatching the verde e brancos 3-0 at Highbury in front of 35,253 fans on November 26, 1969.
You may also want to watch:
Arsenal will face a trip to Ukraine to face Qarabag, who are nicknamed the Horsemen.
They are managed by the well-travelled 46-year-old Gurban Gurbanov, who made 68 appearances for the Azerbaijan national side between 1992 and 2005, scoring 14 goals. Qarabag qualified for the group stages of the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the country’s history last term, and made it through to the group stages by beating Sheriff Tiraspol 3-0 on Thursday evening, to progress 3-1 on aggregate.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 9 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 10 Stop the Burn: Protest planned against Edmonton incinerator rebuild
Arsenal’s final group stage opponenents are FC Vorskla who play in the 24,795 capacity Butovsky Vorskla Stadium in the Ukraine Premier League.