The Way it Seams
It’s nice to be getting some time on the park again after missing so much cricket because of my hamstring injury.
I really wanted to impress at Notts, in my first game for a new club – there was a lot of over-eagerness. I bowled a lot of overs and ended up tweaking it early, which was pretty annoying – especially when I tweaked it again.
It was a bad time to do it, but the boys picked up some good results while I was out and all being well, I’ll stay fit now for the rest of the summer –and the next 10 years!
Monday’s 40-over win against Yorkshire was our first competitive game at Radlett and I think the whole occasion was a great success.
Radlett Cricket Club have bent over backwards for us, ever since we did pre-season training in the ‘bubble’, which worked really well because it was bitterly cold outside and we were all wearing countless layers.
You may also want to watch:
It’s amazing how they’ve transformed Radlett into a very good ground and we’d love to come back.
We did well to restrict Yorkshire to less than 240 and, after a little wobble early on, Dawid Malan and Adam Rossington batted brilliantly.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
We’ve had a frustrating start to the competition, but Leicestershire’s win over Somerset on Sunday has opened the group up a bit again – nobody’s running away with it.
If we can string a couple of wins together, there’s no reason why we can’t still push to get through. We go to Leicester on Sunday and we need to put in another good performance then.
It’s very hard to play well in every format, in every game. You’re going to go through spells where you lose a couple of 40-over games while doing really well in the Championship, and vice-versa.
But all the boys are in a really good place and we’re having some fun – I’ve learnt the team song that we always sing after winning and there are plenty of opportunities to sing it at the moment!