The way it seams: James Harris’ Middlesex column
We came out of that draw against Sussex with very mixed feelings. If you told us at the start of the week that we would have dominated the whole game more or less from start to finish and come up just short, we would have been very happy.
But to get in such a strong position and not be able to finish them off was obviously frustrating after we spent such a huge time in the field.
We were playing tremendously well and I think we must give Sussex a lot of credit for not just falling over and not giving up.
I think it’s fair to say that we’re playing fantastic cricket at the moment. We’ve dominated a lot of games and were excellent at Durham, where we didn’t get as many runs as we would have liked but played very well to hold on for a draw.
We’re playing some great cricket when we’re on the front foot and we’re still managing to play great cricket if we have a bad session.
The whole team has got to take a lot of credit for that. We’re seven games into the season and to be unbeaten in the County Championship is a huge thing.
The boys are in a really good place at the moment and everyone is pretty confident about their cricket.
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Husband granted right to use late wife's embryo for surrogacy
- 3 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 4 'White lives matter' graffiti removed in Archway after two months
- 5 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 6 Actors present prizes at Islington Education Awards 2022
- 7 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 8 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 9 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
- 10 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
This was a big game against Sussex and it’s a big week, but Yorkshire have a few injuries so they won’t have as strong a team as they could have.
Some would say it’s a bit of a chance for us in this game, which is the last one before the half-way point of the championship season, after this week.
To finish this part of the season with a good performance before the Twenty20 games would put us in a great spot to be right up there.
I don’t see why we can’t continue our unbeaten run. There is no doubt that confidence is very high in the camp and everyone is happy, in a great place and playing really good cricket.