Theatre Review: Batman Live at the O2
A comic book classic comes to life with a high octane stage show
As we approached the O2 my son and I were quite excited as to what to expect, but when it started it was full-on action from the very beginning.
We were on the edge of our seats and the arena was packed.
The storyline was a little bit all over the place, but it doesn’t matter when all your favourite Batman characters were there.
One by one you meet Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy and most important of all The Joker - cast as the boss of the baddies.
You may also want to watch:
The special effects and comic book screen shots in the background were pretty amazing and the circus performances were out of this world.
A couple of times I even thought that someone would fall as the stunts were so adventurous, but all were safe.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
They even had real people hanging from metal chains playing dead at the asylum - very creepy.
I think my son enjoyed it the most - his favourite moment being the impressive pyrotechnics when The Joker gets his comeuppance at the end. We both jumped out of our seats.
All in all very entertaining.
* Showing at the O2 until Sunday, September 4, and then at the Liverpool Echo Arena from Wednesday.