Theatre Review: Batman Live at the O2
A comic book classic comes to life with a high octane stage show
As we approached the O2 my son and I were quite excited as to what to expect, but when it started it was full-on action from the very beginning.
We were on the edge of our seats and the arena was packed.
The storyline was a little bit all over the place, but it doesn’t matter when all your favourite Batman characters were there.
One by one you meet Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy and most important of all The Joker - cast as the boss of the baddies.
You may also want to watch:
The special effects and comic book screen shots in the background were pretty amazing and the circus performances were out of this world.
A couple of times I even thought that someone would fall as the stunts were so adventurous, but all were safe.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 7 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 8 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
They even had real people hanging from metal chains playing dead at the asylum - very creepy.
I think my son enjoyed it the most - his favourite moment being the impressive pyrotechnics when The Joker gets his comeuppance at the end. We both jumped out of our seats.
All in all very entertaining.
* Showing at the O2 until Sunday, September 4, and then at the Liverpool Echo Arena from Wednesday.