Theatre Review: Batman Live at the O2
A comic book classic comes to life with a high octane stage show
As we approached the O2 my son and I were quite excited as to what to expect, but when it started it was full-on action from the very beginning.
We were on the edge of our seats and the arena was packed.
The storyline was a little bit all over the place, but it doesn’t matter when all your favourite Batman characters were there.
One by one you meet Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler, Two-Face, Poison Ivy and most important of all The Joker - cast as the boss of the baddies.
You may also want to watch:
The special effects and comic book screen shots in the background were pretty amazing and the circus performances were out of this world.
A couple of times I even thought that someone would fall as the stunts were so adventurous, but all were safe.
- 1 Jailed: Man who nearly killed woman in ‘random’ Islington attack
- 2 Green Lanes gang members guilty of killing which sparked tit-for-tat shooting
- 3 Letter: 'Highbury roundabout is unsafe and unhealthy for pedestrians'
- 4 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Call for action after scooter filmed riding on Islington pavement
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn on the fuel poverty crisis
- 8 Islington Council to press ahead with people friendly streets - despite disabled pleas
- 9 Tree wardens to be recruited on every Islington estate 'to advocate for trees'
- 10 'Exceptional' heroes granted Islington's highest award, the 'Freedom of the Borough'
They even had real people hanging from metal chains playing dead at the asylum - very creepy.
I think my son enjoyed it the most - his favourite moment being the impressive pyrotechnics when The Joker gets his comeuppance at the end. We both jumped out of our seats.
All in all very entertaining.
* Showing at the O2 until Sunday, September 4, and then at the Liverpool Echo Arena from Wednesday.