Theatre Review: Flawless perform Chase The Dream at Sadler’s Wells
Hip hop dance stars Flawless are relentlessly entertaining in stage show CHASE THE DREAM at Sadler’s Wells.
Chase The Dream is the action packed show from the hip hop dance group Flawless, which attempts to inspire audience members - bamboozled by the incredible dancing and chiselled bodies – with a serious message of hope and never giving up.
The breathtakingly enjoyable two-hour performance produced by Suzanne Walker includes everything from a routine based on The Mask movie and a tribute to Michael Jackson - whose music features regularly throughout.
Flawless members, who shot to fame on Britain’s Got Talent, offer words of advice in video messages before a screen movie appears which begins to interact cleverly with the action on stage.
The story of a beggar – played by the energetic Paul Steadman - who turns his life around with dance begins to lose momentum despite a great scene featuring a dancing policeman.
You may also want to watch:
Flawless however come alive during the choreographed group routines – led by ever-smiling group founder Marlon Wallen – which feature heavily in the space-themed second half.
With break dancing, jazz music, frequent costume changes and chart topping R ‘n’ B tunes aplenty – you barely have a minute to catch your breath. The entertainment is relentless - you can’t help but be inspired.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 4 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 9 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
* Chase The Dream was performed at Sadler’s Wells, Peacock Theatre, in Portugal Street, WC2, from May 10-28.