Theatre Review: Flawless perform Chase The Dream at Sadler’s Wells
Hip hop dance stars Flawless are relentlessly entertaining in stage show CHASE THE DREAM at Sadler’s Wells.
Chase The Dream is the action packed show from the hip hop dance group Flawless, which attempts to inspire audience members - bamboozled by the incredible dancing and chiselled bodies – with a serious message of hope and never giving up.
The breathtakingly enjoyable two-hour performance produced by Suzanne Walker includes everything from a routine based on The Mask movie and a tribute to Michael Jackson - whose music features regularly throughout.
Flawless members, who shot to fame on Britain’s Got Talent, offer words of advice in video messages before a screen movie appears which begins to interact cleverly with the action on stage.
The story of a beggar – played by the energetic Paul Steadman - who turns his life around with dance begins to lose momentum despite a great scene featuring a dancing policeman.
You may also want to watch:
Flawless however come alive during the choreographed group routines – led by ever-smiling group founder Marlon Wallen – which feature heavily in the space-themed second half.
With break dancing, jazz music, frequent costume changes and chart topping R ‘n’ B tunes aplenty – you barely have a minute to catch your breath. The entertainment is relentless - you can’t help but be inspired.
- 1 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 2 Statue of Philip Noel-Baker replaced in Islington after 35 years
- 3 Meet the owner of the Camden Passage shop window where nothing is for sale
- 4 What do smoking and People Friendly Streets have in common?
- 5 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 6 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
- 7 'We can do better': Islington Society calls for rethink on Barnard Park plans
- 8 Almost 5,000 Islington people pinged by Covid app in one week
- 9 Islington and Camden police chief to leave Met after 29 years
- 10 Two Tube lines closed after 10pm as TfL staff isolate due to Covid
* Chase The Dream was performed at Sadler’s Wells, Peacock Theatre, in Portugal Street, WC2, from May 10-28.