Theatre Review: Flawless perform Chase The Dream at Sadler’s Wells
Hip hop dance stars Flawless are relentlessly entertaining in stage show CHASE THE DREAM at Sadler’s Wells.
Chase The Dream is the action packed show from the hip hop dance group Flawless, which attempts to inspire audience members - bamboozled by the incredible dancing and chiselled bodies – with a serious message of hope and never giving up.
The breathtakingly enjoyable two-hour performance produced by Suzanne Walker includes everything from a routine based on The Mask movie and a tribute to Michael Jackson - whose music features regularly throughout.
Flawless members, who shot to fame on Britain’s Got Talent, offer words of advice in video messages before a screen movie appears which begins to interact cleverly with the action on stage.
The story of a beggar – played by the energetic Paul Steadman - who turns his life around with dance begins to lose momentum despite a great scene featuring a dancing policeman.
Flawless however come alive during the choreographed group routines – led by ever-smiling group founder Marlon Wallen – which feature heavily in the space-themed second half.
With break dancing, jazz music, frequent costume changes and chart topping R ‘n’ B tunes aplenty – you barely have a minute to catch your breath. The entertainment is relentless - you can’t help but be inspired.
- 1 Missing: 29-year-old Islington woman found 'safe and well'
- 2 Appeal hearing of MP Claudia Webbe gets under way
- 3 Ex Arsenal player Lee Harper appeals for return of stolen shirt
- 4 'Wrong place, wrong time': Men convicted after fatal mistaken revenge shooting
- 5 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 6 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 7 40 firefighters called to scene as Highbury flat damaged
- 8 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 9 Gunners pub back open for Premier League climax
- 10 New cabinet announced for Islington Council
* Chase The Dream was performed at Sadler’s Wells, Peacock Theatre, in Portugal Street, WC2, from May 10-28.