Theatre Review: Glee Live Tour 2011
The cast of GLEE LIVE and surprise guest Gwyneth Paltrow take the O2 Arena by storm.
London’s impressive 02 Arena was taken over last week by the all-singing, all-dancing, fresh faced cast of the hit US TV show Glee.
The O2 was packed out with fans, known as “Gleeks”, for the final performances in their UK tour. But seats were not required as the 20,000 strong audience were on their feet from the opening notes of Don’t Stop Believin’ which has become the anthem to the end.
With boundless energy, note perfect singing and clever choreography, we were treated to a highly polished performance of a range of songs from River Deep, Mountain High to Britney Spears’ Slave.
The show’s popularity is obvious as the versatile cast are equipped with all the skills required to tackle a breadth of musical styles and a repertoire to engage all.
You may also want to watch:
You could hear the collective gasp of the audience when Gwyneth Paltrow, who guest stars in series two of the show, made an appearance for a faultless performance of Cee Lo Green’s Forget You. The cast waved goodbye to us and the UK with an electric and moving rendition of Someone to Love by Queen. You better Don’t Stop Believin - come back again soon Glee.
* Glee Live Tour 2011 was performed at the O2 Arena in Greenwich from June 25-30.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 5 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 8 Joe Montemurro says he expects Vivianne Miedema to stay at Arsenal
- 9 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 10 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'