There With You: Islington Giving launches crisis fund to support vulnerable people during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: Archant
Islington Giving launched a crisis fund on Wednesday to help the most vulnerable people in the borough during the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak.
Money will go straight to organisations Islington Giving knows and trusts, which work with residents who are isolated, anxious and most in need of financial support through this crisis.
Some of the fund money will go directly to residents in need of food or help with fuel bills via Islington Council’s residents support scheme.
Islington Giving’s director Sarah Benioff said: “It’s encouraging to see so much great community action already emerging in Islington and at Islington Giving we are pleased to be able to help in some way during these difficult times, particularly the most vulnerable people in our community that will suffer the greatest hardship during the crisis.”
If any money remains in the fund at the end of the Covid-19 outbreak, Islington Giving says it “will continue to be spent helping isolated people and those who suffer most from poverty in the borough”.
You may also want to watch:
Islington Giving has been working in Islington for 10 years, giving funds and working with over 70 local organisations.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in the borough during the pandemic.
For the latest discussion on the coronavirus outbreak in north London, click here.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 6 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 7 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 8 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington