‘Thierry Henry has been offering us all advice, he’s just a winner’
Aaron Ramsey salutes Arsenal’s returning hero after winning goal against Leeds
Aaron Ramsey admitted that Thierry Henry’s return to Arsenal had galvanised the whole club even before the veteran striker’s winning goal on Monday night.
Ramsey, 21, signed for the Gunners the year after Henry left for Barcelona, but has been learning from the French maestro.
“He’s one of the best players this league has ever seen, he’s got bags of experience and knows how to win things, he’s just a winner,” said Ramsey who felt that Monday’s game against Leeds United was perfectly set up for Arsenal’s record goalscorer to return and score the winning goal..
“It was a great evening, it was made for him to come on and score with his trademark finish, and the place just erupted when the ball hit the back of the net
“He’s been offering us all a lot of advice and he’s just a great person for us to learn off.”
Henry is now in contention to start Arsenal’s game at Swansea on Sunday, when current top scorer and captain Robin van Persie will return to lead the attack.
- 1 Scandinavian primary school moves to bigger premises in Highbury
- 2 New Covid-19 vaccine centre opens on Holloway Road
- 3 Covid-19: How Islington's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Family of missing Islington man make urgent appeal for information
- 5 Islington pub Alpaca wins lockdown service award
- 6 Meet the Islington-based Rangers fans who are helping food banks
- 7 Not just for Christmas: Rescue dogs looking for forever homes
- 8 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 9 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 10 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
“Robin will be back against Swansea,” confirmed Arsene Wenger. “Will Thierry start or not? I don’t know yet. He can play behind or in front of Robin or on the flank, Robin can play on the flank too.
“But I don’t know yet what I will do. They can play together, of course, and they did play together [from 2004 to 2007].”