Things to do in Islington this weekend
Our pick of what’s going on in Islington this weekend:
Savour the sounds of a selection of classical pieces from Patricia Hammond and friends from 7.30pm at St Mellitus, Church, Tollington Park, N4. Costs �5 (�2 concessions) with all proceeds going towards disabled access for the church. Call 07791079641.
Celebrate 10 years of the Stuart Low Trust and more than 500 Friday night events with live music and poetry from D�j� Vu, from 6.30 to 9.30pm at The Crypt of St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Suggested donation of �1 per session. Call (020) 7713 9304.
Watch maths and art collide in an exhibition of Simon Nicholas’s work, from June 17 to July 29 at Kings Place, York Way, N1. Call (020) 7520 1485 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Support Amnesty International’s evening of music, film and talking from 7pm to 10pm at the Human Rights Action Centre, New Inn Yard, EC2. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
Join Labour politicians Ken Livingstone, Emily Thornberry and Jeremy Corbyn as they discuss the future of the NHS from 11.30 to 4pm at the Islington Assembly Hall, Upper Street, N1.
Celebrate the season with slice of cake and a glass of Pimms at a summer garden party from 2pm to 6 pm at the Olden Garden, Whistler Street, N5. Costs �1. Call (020) 7226 0222 for more information.
Have a giggle at the laughter club where everyone is welcome for fun, easy laughter yoga exercises. From 6pm to 7pm at the Hilldrop Community Centre, Community Lane, Hilldrop Road, N7. Call (020) 7609 6145.
Control your breathing and heart rate at reiki-share sessions from 5.30pm to 7.30pm every Sunday and 7.30 to 9.30pm every Wednesday at Highbury Station Road, N1. For more information call 07957423460.