Things to do in Islington this weekend
Our pick of what’s going on in Islington this weekend:
Take a gander at July Olivier’s exhibition of 21st Century Islington art from 6pm at the Front Room Cafe, Tollington Park, N4. Call 0207 263 8900 for more information.
Watch the fruits of the The New Zealand Film Festival with screenings of Boy and Two Cars, One Night, from 7.30pm at the Barbican, Silk Street, EC2. Costs �9.50 online, �10.50 full price, call 020 7638 8891 for more information.
Enjoy a lunchtime treat with free well-being treatments and wildlife talk in a cemetery, from 1.30 to 1.30pm at Bunhill Fields Burial Ground, Cirty Road, EC1. Free, call 020 7247 8548 for more information.
You may also want to watch:
Get some hints a tips on home and personal safety for you and your family at the archway community safety day from 11.00am to 2.00pm outside the Post Office on Junction Road, N19 and at Archway Market, Corner of Holloway Road & St John’s Grove, N19.
- 1 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 2 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 3 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 4 'Risk of thunderstorms' in north London ahead of May 17 lockdown easing
- 5 Tributes paid to founder of Islington's Museum of Funeral History
- 6 Primary school allowed to keep floodlights despite complaints
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Tollington by-election imminent as Richard Watts joins Khan's 'top team'
- 9 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 10 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
Show the kids how to use a shuttlecock at these free badminton classes for five to 19-year-olds at the Sobell Lesiure Centre, Hornsey Road, N7. Fisrt hour is free, call 020 7609 2166 for more information
Find yourself a bargain at this sample sale for up and coming designer Poppy Treffry, from 11am to 4pm at the Crypt of St Mary’s Church, Upper Street, N1. Call 01736 795494 for more information.
Maximise your inner strength at these reiki-share sessions from 7.30pm to 9.30pm every Wednesday and 5.30pm to 7.30pm every Sunday at Highbury Station Road, N1. Call 07957423460.
Take part in the Cally Festival, a boutique style community event with live music, arts and craft and live screenings of Wimbledon, from 12 to 6pm on Caledonian Road, N1. Free, email email@example.com