This week 30 years ago: Boy, 13, killed and mutilated in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was mutilated in an underground garage in Finsbury.
Tony McCrane, 13, was found lying in a pool of blood at the Triangle council flat building in Cyrus Street.
Tony, who lived at nearby Cyrus House, had been stabbed to death. He was found by a builder.
His injuries were so horrific that police found it difficult to determine whether he was a boy or girl.
Police, who said Tony put up a brave fight, feared the motive of the killing may have been sexual.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after it was reported, a man phoned Islington Police and said: “I’m sorry about the boy. I may do it again.” It was not known whether the call was a hoax, but officers urged parents to keep a curfew on their children.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Police looking to speak to man in connection with sexual assault
- 3 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 4 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 5 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 Home of the metre-long pizza opens in Finsbury Park
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’