This week 30 years ago: Boy, 13, killed and mutilated in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was mutilated in an underground garage in Finsbury.
Tony McCrane, 13, was found lying in a pool of blood at the Triangle council flat building in Cyrus Street.
Tony, who lived at nearby Cyrus House, had been stabbed to death. He was found by a builder.
His injuries were so horrific that police found it difficult to determine whether he was a boy or girl.
Police, who said Tony put up a brave fight, feared the motive of the killing may have been sexual.
Soon after it was reported, a man phoned Islington Police and said: “I’m sorry about the boy. I may do it again.” It was not known whether the call was a hoax, but officers urged parents to keep a curfew on their children.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 3 Replacement Finsbury Park leisure centre a step closer
- 4 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 5 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 6 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 7 Deadline extended for Islington's greener futures fund
- 8 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 9 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
- 10 Arsenal Women welcome signings Souza, Blackstenius and Wienroither