This week 30 years ago: Boy, 13, killed and mutilated in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
A 13-year-old boy was mutilated in an underground garage in Finsbury.
Tony McCrane, 13, was found lying in a pool of blood at the Triangle council flat building in Cyrus Street.
Tony, who lived at nearby Cyrus House, had been stabbed to death. He was found by a builder.
His injuries were so horrific that police found it difficult to determine whether he was a boy or girl.
Police, who said Tony put up a brave fight, feared the motive of the killing may have been sexual.
You may also want to watch:
Soon after it was reported, a man phoned Islington Police and said: “I’m sorry about the boy. I may do it again.” It was not known whether the call was a hoax, but officers urged parents to keep a curfew on their children.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations