Thousands flock to Whitecross Street Party in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
Thousands flocked to the annual Whitecross Street Party for the festival’s “best ever” weekend of art, live music and street food.
More than 60 high-profile artists, including 20 live painters, displayed works at the free festival, including Edible Bus Stop, Filthy Luker and Andrea Tyrimos.
Meanwhile, the stage saw performances from dance acts Marawa’s Majorettes and P.D.K. and music acts Lyrix Organix, LSO Community Choir and Punkture Sluts. Families also enojoyed a kids zone.
Teddy Baden, the creator of the festival, in its fourth year, said: “It’s just a lovely community event with real grass roots community stuff going on.
“It was such a beautiful atmosphere and the best ever yet. I think the community was a bit dubious about us at first, but now we have their full support.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Andrea Tyrimos, 26, said: “Sometimes people think inner London communities don’t exist, but this shows it does. It’s such a great chance for artists to exhibit too. I was honoured to take part.”
For more pictures click on the link to our photo gallery in the top right hand corner.
- 1 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 2 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 3 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 4 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 5 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 6 The Bridge London Trust chief exec Penny Barratt awarded OBE
- 7 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 Increased police presence in Islington after teenager shot in the head
- 9 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
- 10 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition