Thousands flock to Whitecross Street Party in Finsbury
- Credit: Archant
Thousands flocked to the annual Whitecross Street Party for the festival’s “best ever” weekend of art, live music and street food.
More than 60 high-profile artists, including 20 live painters, displayed works at the free festival, including Edible Bus Stop, Filthy Luker and Andrea Tyrimos.
Meanwhile, the stage saw performances from dance acts Marawa’s Majorettes and P.D.K. and music acts Lyrix Organix, LSO Community Choir and Punkture Sluts. Families also enojoyed a kids zone.
Teddy Baden, the creator of the festival, in its fourth year, said: “It’s just a lovely community event with real grass roots community stuff going on.
“It was such a beautiful atmosphere and the best ever yet. I think the community was a bit dubious about us at first, but now we have their full support.”
You may also want to watch:
Artist Andrea Tyrimos, 26, said: “Sometimes people think inner London communities don’t exist, but this shows it does. It’s such a great chance for artists to exhibit too. I was honoured to take part.”
For more pictures click on the link to our photo gallery in the top right hand corner.
- 1 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 2 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 4 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 7 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 8 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 9 Eidevall says Arsenal put 'pressure on themselves' to deliver in big games
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild