Heathrow Pause: Three arrested in Hornsey Lane on suspicion of conspiracy to commit public nuisance at Heathrow Airport
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Police have arrested three people in Hornsey Lane on suspicion of conspiracy to commit a public nuisance in relation to operations at Heathrow Airport tomorrow.
Two women and one man were arrested in Hornsey Lane, while two other men were arrested in Pritchard's Road, Bethnal Green. They have been taken to a London police station.
Multiple officer and a police helicopter were seen in Hornsey Lane at about 4pm and motorists were advised to avoid the area. Officers were also seen around Whitehall Park and Beaumont Rise.
Deputy Assistant Commissioner Laurence Taylor said: "We have carried out these arrests today in response to proposed plans for illegal drone use near Heathrow Airport which protest group Heathrow Pause have said will take place tomorrow morning.
"Our policing plan is aimed at preventing criminal activity which poses a significant safety and security risk to the airport, and the thousands of passengers that will be using it. We have warned previously that arrests would be made if this activity continued.
"In these circumstances, we believe these arrests to be a proportionate response to preventing criminal activity that could significantly impact on a major piece of national infrastructure.
You may also want to watch:
"We remain fully prepared for the planned protest tomorrow, and will work quickly to identify criminal activity and arrest anyone committing offences."
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 3 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 4 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 9 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension