Three Islington stations closed in London Tube strike chaos
THREE Islington Tube stations are currently closed because of the strike on the Underground.
Angel, Caledonian Road and Holloway Road stations all have the shutters up and trains are not stopping.
But Finsbury Park, Highbury and Islington, King’s Cross, Tufnell Park, Archway and Farringdon are all open as usual.
The Piccadilly line was only running between Finsbury Park and Cockfosters until 9.45am, but that has now been extended as far as King’s Cross.
The Victoria line is running in full, while a special service is also running the entire length of the Northern line.
You may also want to watch:
Overall 40 per cent of the capital’s trains are in service and 70 per cent of stations are in operation.
Customers at King’s Cross were facing massive queues for taxis and buses were overcrowded across the borough.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 5 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 6 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 7 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Islington mum speaks out about blaze that wrecked her 17th storey Old Street flat
Mike Brown, managing director of London Underground, said: “We are doing everything we can to keep as many Tube services as possible operating today and more trains will be coming into service as the day goes on. We are also keeping Londoners moving by providing extra buses, river services, and other alternatives. Londoners will face some disruption, but over 40 per cent of Tube trains are running with services on all but one line, meaning that the city is not paralysed and people are able to get around. More services are operating than during the last strike, exceeding our earlier expectations.
“Under our plans all stations will continue to be staffed, and that all stations with a ticket office will continue to have one.”