Thugs smash ‘heavy object’ over man’s head in daylight brawl off Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
A man was cracked over the head with a “heavy object” during a daylight brawl in Seven Sisters Road on Sunday.
Police and paramedics were called at about 5pm to reports of a group of men fighting in Axminster Road.
The victim was taken to hospital but police say his injuries are “not life threatening”.
A youth worker, who asked to remain anonymous but lives in the road, told the Gazette: “I saw the aftermath. Saw a group of guys running towards Seven Sisters Road. I then saw another guy on the floor. A convoy of cars came up and asked me if the guy had died. He was hit over the head with something.”
He claims there was “quite a group” of people involved in the fight, and that the violence was fuelled by territorial gangs selling drugs.
You may also want to watch:
“As a local youth worker I’m aware of these issues,” he said. “But it’s sad this is just seen as a daily occurrence due to the drugs being pushed in the area.”
A crime scene was put in place on Sunday and has since been removed. Police are investigating but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 2 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 3 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 4 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 5 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 6 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 7 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 8 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location
- 9 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets