Thugs smash ‘heavy object’ over man’s head in daylight brawl off Seven Sisters Road
- Credit: Archant
A man was cracked over the head with a “heavy object” during a daylight brawl in Seven Sisters Road on Sunday.
Police and paramedics were called at about 5pm to reports of a group of men fighting in Axminster Road.
The victim was taken to hospital but police say his injuries are “not life threatening”.
A youth worker, who asked to remain anonymous but lives in the road, told the Gazette: “I saw the aftermath. Saw a group of guys running towards Seven Sisters Road. I then saw another guy on the floor. A convoy of cars came up and asked me if the guy had died. He was hit over the head with something.”
He claims there was “quite a group” of people involved in the fight, and that the violence was fuelled by territorial gangs selling drugs.
You may also want to watch:
“As a local youth worker I’m aware of these issues,” he said. “But it’s sad this is just seen as a daily occurrence due to the drugs being pushed in the area.”
A crime scene was put in place on Sunday and has since been removed. Police are investigating but no arrests have been made.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 4 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 5 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 9 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 10 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder