Tierney ‘ready to play’ according to Emery with Arsenal defender in line for Premier League debut
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Arsenal’s Kieran Tierney is ‘ready to play’ according to Unai Emery, with the Scot in line to make his Premier League debut against Sheffield United on Monday.
The 22-year-old has made two appearances for the Gunners after signing from Celtic in the summer, spending the early part of the season recovering from a long-term injury.
The left-back has impressed so far, putting in dynamic attacking displays against Nottingham Forest in the Carabao Cup and Standard Liege in the Europa League.
Tierney will face competition from Sead Kolasinac for a starting place, but with the Bosnia still to return from international duty, he could make his Premier League bow on Monday.
"He's ready to play," said Emery.
You may also want to watch:
"Now we have two options in that left-back role with Sead Kolasinac and him.
"We're going to play a lot of matches after Monday. We will need every player.
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Arsenal Women player of the season award nominations
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
"It depends how he comes into the first training with us, Sead, after his international matches.
"We now have two players in that position and we can use one on Monday, it depends how they are, one or the other."