Tollington Park hit-and-run puts 75-year-old in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a hit-and-run in Tollington Park left an elderly man fighting for his life on Friday.
Cops were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 8.35pm to reports of a collision between a vehicle and pedestrian near the junction with Stroud Green Road.
The Emergency Services found a 75-year-out man seriously injured at the scene and he was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met Police spokesperson today said the victim “remains in a stable condition”, and “his injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening”.
Enquiries to trace the driver, who failed to stop at the scene, are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 2 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 7 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 8 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 9 Jailed: Businessman bombarded Jeremy Corbyn and other MPs with 'vile' emails
- 10 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension