Tollington Park hit-and-run puts 75-year-old in hospital
- Credit: Archant
Police are investigating after a hit-and-run in Tollington Park left an elderly man fighting for his life on Friday.
Cops were called by the London Ambulance Service at about 8.35pm to reports of a collision between a vehicle and pedestrian near the junction with Stroud Green Road.
The Emergency Services found a 75-year-out man seriously injured at the scene and he was taken to a north London hospital.
A Met Police spokesperson today said the victim “remains in a stable condition”, and “his injuries are no longer thought to be life-threatening”.
Enquiries to trace the driver, who failed to stop at the scene, are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see what happened? Call Lucas at the Gazette newsdesk on 020 7433 0121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 4 Council fund boosts plans for Islington 'urban forest'
- 5 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 6 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 7 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 8 Consultation launches on St Peter’s people-friendly streets scheme
- 9 Aristocrat's daughter, 25, died unexpectedly after developing 'severe headache'
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn joins campaign to protect human right Article 25