Top chefs create fairy tale meal at Almeida in Islington
- Credit: Archant
One of Islington’s finest restaurants hosted a fund-raising bash for a children’s charity.
The Almeida, in Almeida Street, raised more than £7,000 for the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) on April 20.
The evening was themed around childhood nostalgia and the three course menu was inspired by fairy tales and folklore.
For one night, the dinner was crafted by three prestigious London head chefs; Tommy Boland of Almeida, Tim Allen of Michelin-starred Launceston Place and Tom Cook from Le Pont de la Tour.
The cooks, alongside the NSPCC, each created a dish to reflect the creativity of a child’s mind, like forbidden fruit (a red apple served on a ‘forest’ floor) a main course three little pigs and the witches’ cottage (a gingerbread house) for dessert.
You may also want to watch:
Tommy Boland, head chef at the Almeida, said: “We are very grateful to everyone that attended the evening. Through their generosity our guests have contributed to NSPCC’s ongoing support of children in need.”
A spokesman said: “The evening, attended by award-winning journalist and NSPCC advocate Robert Crampton, raised £7,059.76 successfully reaching its fundraising target. The amount raised will go towards the NSPCC’s essential work to protect children, including the Childline Schools Service, which aims to keep children safe.”
- 1 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 2 Islington reports lowest coronavirus infection rate in London
- 3 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 4 London elections 2021: Latest results as they come in live
- 5 Islington's by-election candidates confirmed
- 6 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 7 Controversial plan to sell alcohol in Finsbury Park dropped
- 8 Islington election hopeful faces trial on intimidation, cocaine and ABH charges
- 9 Man, 70, charged with murder of Imani Allaway-Muir
- 10 Police appeal after moped rider left seriously injured in crash