Top five things to do in and around Islington this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Our pick of the weekend’s best action.
Shoreditch is set to get a whole lot tastier from this weekend. The Euro carpark in the High Street is turning into The Urban Food Fest, a collection of some of the finest street food in the capital, including Fish Dog, Schwarma Shack, Rare Str’Eat, Ok Horn Please and Bel & Brisket. Every Saturday until October.
You may also want to watch:
Hear London’s best live bands and DJs at the Feast in the Fields festival in London Fields on Saturday as you enjoy some of the world’s most sumptuous street foods at the Feast in the Fields festival in London Fields on Saturday. Visit www.feastinthefields.co.uk
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 3 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 4 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 5 New nightclub Glam to open in Shoreditch in June
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 8 Charity launches new campaign to eradicate food poverty in north London
- 9 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 10 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
Learn the moves of Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Garner as Future Cinema brings to life one of the best loved chick flicks of all time and transforms Hackney Downs, E5, into the famous Kellerman’s Holiday Resort. All you need is a beach ball, handkerchief and a letter to the dance instructor – and a watermelon if you want to get into the afterparty in the staff quarters. The last remaining tickets are still available, costing £35 (afterparty an additional £15), visit www.futurecinema.co.uk
Hear the tale of the man, the monster and the unforgettable violence in Bin Laden; the One Man Show. This is the story of the world’s most wanted terrorist. Now the late, great Osama Bin Laden comes to Shoreditch – luckily the audiences’ physical safety is guaranteed. At The Courtyard Theatre, Bowling green walk, N1, from August 30 to September 14.
Make the most of the last summer sunshine and get fit at the same time with this running club through the beautiful landscape with the Victoria Park Runners. Suitable for over 14 beginners and more experienced runners – with disabled athletes welcome too. Call before hand so we can check access arrangements. Meet at the entrance by the house, Corner of Cadogan Terrace and Victoria Park Road, E9, before 6pm on Saturday. Call 07918 070 491