Topping out of 31-storey block in Finsbury’s mini-manhattan - flats on sale for £3.2million
- Credit: Archant
A topping out ceremony took place at the windswept peak of a 31-storey block in Finsbury’s “mini-manhattan”.
The event marked the laying of the final beam at the Canaletto building, in City Road, where finished flats will be on sale for up to £3.2million.
Already 80 per cent of the 190 apartments have been sold, although the building isn’t due to be completed until the middle of next year.
The flats range from studios to three bedrooms properties, about 35 per cent of which will be affordable housing.
At the top, one bespoke penthouse commands will take up a whole floor and large roof terrace with 360 degree views of the London skyline.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Yeomanson, from property consultants Knight Frank who are helping to sell the apartments, said: “Canaletto will become one of London’s most desirable residences.
“The striking architecture and plethora of amenities make the building incredibly attractive.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 4 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 7 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 8 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 9 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
“Our purchasers are used to staying in some of the best hotels globally and are accustomed to the full range of services provided, from the 24 hour concierge through to the private cinema, residents lounge, gym, pool and treatment rooms.”
The Canaletto, along with neighbouring the Eagle, Forum and Lexicon towers, make up a stretch of city Road being dubbed ‘mini-manahttan” by developers.