Tottenham and Arsenal set to appear in Football 40 Legends Cup
Arsenal,Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham in event, with over 70 legends participating, and another 30 at the event.
Fans will get the chance to see 100 legends on show at the Football 40 Legends Cup held at Fulham’s Craven Cottage on May 29.
Supporters of Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham will get the chance to see some of the club’s former players back in action in the tournament.
The likes of Ricky Villa, Paul Merson, Ray Parlour, Chris Coleman will turn back time to represent their former clubs, as well as Kenny Sansom.
The former Arsenal defender last played a competitive game 18 years ago, but was delighted to get the call to play with some of the games greats.
You may also want to watch:
“I am just so surprised and grateful I would say,” said the former England international left back.
“To be invited to play competitive legends football. I am looking forward to it and a chance to reminisce with some old mates and playing team mates and opponents.”
- 1 Petition begins for reduction of traffic on Liverpool Road
- 2 Hundreds gather for Tony Eastlake funeral in Islington
- 3 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 4 'No further action' after officer knelt on neck of Black suspect in Finsbury Park
- 5 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 6 GMB stops funding London Labour over Islington caretaker sacking
- 7 Letters on low traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 How much are Islington's Monopoly squares worth in 2021?
- 9 'Extreme' noise complaint as 150 gather for Islington party
- 10 New Lidl to open in Finsbury Park's Arts Building next week
For anyone interested in attending the event can get more information on http://www.football40.com/