Tottenham and Arsenal set to appear in Football 40 Legends Cup
Arsenal,Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham in event, with over 70 legends participating, and another 30 at the event.
Fans will get the chance to see 100 legends on show at the Football 40 Legends Cup held at Fulham’s Craven Cottage on May 29.
Supporters of Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham will get the chance to see some of the club’s former players back in action in the tournament.
The likes of Ricky Villa, Paul Merson, Ray Parlour, Chris Coleman will turn back time to represent their former clubs, as well as Kenny Sansom.
The former Arsenal defender last played a competitive game 18 years ago, but was delighted to get the call to play with some of the games greats.
“I am just so surprised and grateful I would say,” said the former England international left back.
“To be invited to play competitive legends football. I am looking forward to it and a chance to reminisce with some old mates and playing team mates and opponents.”
- 1 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 2 Hit Brighton food hall operator to open Upper Street venue
- 3 Man charged after staff assault at Barking Asda
- 4 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 5 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 6 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
For anyone interested in attending the event can get more information on http://www.football40.com/