Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal at home in third round of English Football League Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will have to wait before finding out who they will play at Wembley and when the tie will take place
Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have both been handed home draws in the third round of the English Football League Cup.
The north London rivals discovered their fate this morning when the draw took place just after 4.15am in Beijing.
Spurs will have to wait before finding out their opponents, however, with Barnsley and Derby County yet to complete their second round tie.
The two Championship clubs are set to face each other on Tuesday September 19, so Tottenham’s EFL Cup campaign may be slightly delayed compared to the rest of their Premier League rivals.
You may also want to watch:
All other third round ties are due to occur on the week commencing September 18, including Arsenal’s home clash with League One Doncaster Rovers.
The fourth round doesn’t take place until the middle of October, but Spurs will have to find space to fit in their tie with either Barnsley or Derby County at Wembley before that period and also juggle Champions League group stage fixture.
- 1 Changes made to St Peter's LTN after Packington Estate used as rat run
- 2 Islington shooting victim named
- 3 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
- 4 Robert Rinder awarded MBE for his work on Holocaust education
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 7 Rise in London Covid rates, but people aged 25-30 can book vaccine
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Man injured in Hornsey Rise shooting
- 10 Woman, 48, arrested over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Tottenham are set to discover who they will face in Europe’s elite competition this evening with the draw due to start around 5pm.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men have been placed in pot three alongside Liverpool, so can expect a somewhat tricky group.