Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal at home in third round of English Football League Cup
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Mauricio Pochettino’s team will have to wait before finding out who they will play at Wembley and when the tie will take place
Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have both been handed home draws in the third round of the English Football League Cup.
The north London rivals discovered their fate this morning when the draw took place just after 4.15am in Beijing.
Spurs will have to wait before finding out their opponents, however, with Barnsley and Derby County yet to complete their second round tie.
The two Championship clubs are set to face each other on Tuesday September 19, so Tottenham’s EFL Cup campaign may be slightly delayed compared to the rest of their Premier League rivals.
You may also want to watch:
All other third round ties are due to occur on the week commencing September 18, including Arsenal’s home clash with League One Doncaster Rovers.
The fourth round doesn’t take place until the middle of October, but Spurs will have to find space to fit in their tie with either Barnsley or Derby County at Wembley before that period and also juggle Champions League group stage fixture.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 5 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 6 Prince Edward visits youth centre in Islington
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Environment and equality at heart of council leader's new direction for Islington
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Mem and Laz Brasserie voted as readers' favourite restaurant
Tottenham are set to discover who they will face in Europe’s elite competition this evening with the draw due to start around 5pm.
Mauricio Pochettino’s men have been placed in pot three alongside Liverpool, so can expect a somewhat tricky group.