Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane and Dele Alli and Alexis Sanchez of Arsenal up for PFA Awards
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
North London rivals nominated for prizes after stellar seasons
North London rivals Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal will both have representation at the PFA Awards after the shortlists for players’ player of the season and young player of the season were announced.
Spurs talisman Harry Kane is nominated for the players’ player award, scoring 24 times in all competitions despite an injury-hit campaign.
Kane faces competition from Gunners rival Alexis Sanchez, who is also up for the award having struck 22 times in all competitions.
The North London duo are also up against Chelsea pair Eden Hazard and N’Golo Kante, Everton’s Romelu Lukaku and Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Manchester United for the award.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham striker Harry Kane is also nominated in the young player category, which he won back in 2015.
Also up for that award is Spurs team-mate Dele Alli, who won the award last year and has had a superb season which has seen him score 20 goals in all competitions.
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 3 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 6 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flooding threat to Islington from climate emergency
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Letters on People Friendly Streets in St Peter's
- 10 Islington: Housing team failed to answer 50% of calls during lockdown
Tottenham have a good recent record in the young player category, with their players winning four of the last five awards (Kyle Walker 2012, Gareth Bale 2013).
Also up for the young player prize this year are Lukaku, Burnley’s Michael Keane, Jordan Pickford of Sunderland and Manchester City forward Leroy Sane.
Both awards will be handed at a ceremony held at London’s Grosvenor House on April 23.