Traffic chaos as car flips on its side in Finsbury Park crash - two injured
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a crash in Finsbury Park that brought rush-hour traffic almost to a standstill this morning.
One of the vehicles, a silver BMW, was flipped onto its side in the impact at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes, outside Manor House Tube Station.
The other car involved was a navy blue people carrier.
The incident happened at about 4.15am but police closed part of the junction off to clear the debris, causing gridlock right along Green Lanes and Seven Sisters.
One Twitter user, @tinysuns, said this morning: “Mayhem on Green Lanes. 1 hour to go from Turnpike Lane to Manor House on the 141 and all buses terminating at Manor House.”
You may also want to watch:
It is thought up to five people could have been in the vehicles.
- 1 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 2 Jailed: Former Islington police officer raped children's home teen
- 3 Reader letters: Islington's Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - for and against
- 4 Dame Alice Owen pupils protest over racist language
- 5 Could Islington become a holiday destination?
- 6 Six flee Finsbury Park house fire
- 7 Revealed: Latest Covid-related death figures for Islington
- 8 Islington Council set to save Grade II-listed South Library from disrepair
- 9 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street: Man attacked outside Moorfields Hospital
- 10 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins