Traffic chaos as car flips on its side in Finsbury Park crash - two injured
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a crash in Finsbury Park that brought rush-hour traffic almost to a standstill this morning.
One of the vehicles, a silver BMW, was flipped onto its side in the impact at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes, outside Manor House Tube Station.
The other car involved was a navy blue people carrier.
The incident happened at about 4.15am but police closed part of the junction off to clear the debris, causing gridlock right along Green Lanes and Seven Sisters.
One Twitter user, @tinysuns, said this morning: “Mayhem on Green Lanes. 1 hour to go from Turnpike Lane to Manor House on the 141 and all buses terminating at Manor House.”
It is thought up to five people could have been in the vehicles.
- 1 Disqualified driver jailed after hit-and-run involving Islington schoolgirl
- 2 Plan to extend popular Gooners pub with shops and flats
- 3 Shell casings found after Islington gun reports
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 6 Five appear in court charged with drugs offences after dawn raids
- 7 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 8 Blue Badge exemption and positive results for Canonbury East LTN
- 9 Archway teacher on trial for 'encouraging terrorism'
- 10 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op