Traffic chaos as car flips on its side in Finsbury Park crash - two injured
- Credit: Archant
Two people were taken to hospital after a crash in Finsbury Park that brought rush-hour traffic almost to a standstill this morning.
One of the vehicles, a silver BMW, was flipped onto its side in the impact at the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Green Lanes, outside Manor House Tube Station.
The other car involved was a navy blue people carrier.
The incident happened at about 4.15am but police closed part of the junction off to clear the debris, causing gridlock right along Green Lanes and Seven Sisters.
One Twitter user, @tinysuns, said this morning: “Mayhem on Green Lanes. 1 hour to go from Turnpike Lane to Manor House on the 141 and all buses terminating at Manor House.”
You may also want to watch:
It is thought up to five people could have been in the vehicles.
- 1 Police cordon in place after Essex Road pub 'assault'
- 2 Harassment trial: MP Claudia Webbe 'threatened to send naked photos of victim to her kids'
- 3 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 4 Two rescued from fire in Islington maisonette block
- 5 How some Islington tenants are losing their homes in a matter of minutes
- 6 Petrol station forecourts closed in Islington amid warning: 'Drafting in the army will not end fuel crisis'
- 7 Finsbury Park man arrested on suspicion of second north London murder
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
- 10 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London