Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- Credit: Transport for London
Here are some of the major roadworks and planned rail disruptions across Tower Hamlets, Islington, Hackney and Newham to watch out for over the coming week to Friday (December 3).
In Hackney, delays are likely on Ravey Street until November 30 as a result of ongoing works.
A road closure on Ashwin Street may cause disruption to journeys, and traffic control measures on Stoke Newington Road could cause delays until December 5.
A lane closure on Curtain Road could cause delays in Shoreditch along with a road closure on Ravey Street and another on Homerton High Street.
In Islington, traffic control measures are likely to cause delays on Liverpool Road until Thursday (December 2).
There will also be a road closure on Vine Street Bridge and some carriageway incursion at London Wall.
- 1 Screen on the Green: Dive into 1940s America this weekend
- 2 Former Met cop faces trial with seven others over alleged bribery plot
- 3 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 4 Islington: Cycle track could be back if funding found
- 5 'Graffiti vandal' linked with £500k worth of damage caught in Highbury
- 6 How mental health services are changing in north London
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Five arrested for drugs offences after dawn raids
- 10 Incinerator protest group WhatsApp infiltrated by waste authority member
In Tower Hamlets, a road closure on Tonybee Street and lane closure on Commercial Road will likely cause disruption from Monday to Friday (December 3)
Rotherhithe Tunnel could also see disruptions due to a road closure tomorrow and Tuesday.
A lane closure on the A126 Butcher Row will also continue to be affected by a lane closure until November 30.
Commercial Road could see increased traffic until December 5.
There is also a planned closure on Osier Street.
In Newham, water works on the High Street continue to cause delays.
Alongside this, there is an ongoing road closure on Silvertown Way and another on Tidal Basin Road.
And, on Barking Road, delays are likely until December 6.
From tomorrow - November 29 - until Thursday there will be no service on the entire DLR network after 11.30pm each day.
From Sunday to Thursday, there will be travel disruptions from Hackney Downs to Chingford after 10.45pm and a reduced service between Gospel Oak and Barking.