Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- Credit: Transport for London
Here are some of the major roadworks and planned rail disruptions across Tower Hamlets, Islington, Hackney and Newham to watch out for over the coming week to Friday (December 3).
In Hackney, delays are likely on Ravey Street until November 30 as a result of ongoing works.
A road closure on Ashwin Street may cause disruption to journeys, and traffic control measures on Stoke Newington Road could cause delays until December 5.
A lane closure on Curtain Road could cause delays in Shoreditch along with a road closure on Ravey Street and another on Homerton High Street.
In Islington, traffic control measures are likely to cause delays on Liverpool Road until Thursday (December 2).
There will also be a road closure on Vine Street Bridge and some carriageway incursion at London Wall.
- 1 Siblings open community-oriented park coffee hut
- 2 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
- 3 Karate champion helps children to build confidence through martial arts
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Schemes submitted or approved in Islington in June
- 5 Islington men charged after jewellery store robbery
- 6 New Aldi on Old Street to open this month
- 7 Guilty: 4 teenagers admit 27 offences after series of 19 robberies
- 8 Man charged with 1974 murder of woman found in Highbury
- 9 CCTV: Woman sexually assaulted at Highbury & Islington station
- 10 Islington scammers jailed after preying on elderly victims
In Tower Hamlets, a road closure on Tonybee Street and lane closure on Commercial Road will likely cause disruption from Monday to Friday (December 3)
Rotherhithe Tunnel could also see disruptions due to a road closure tomorrow and Tuesday.
A lane closure on the A126 Butcher Row will also continue to be affected by a lane closure until November 30.
Commercial Road could see increased traffic until December 5.
There is also a planned closure on Osier Street.
In Newham, water works on the High Street continue to cause delays.
Alongside this, there is an ongoing road closure on Silvertown Way and another on Tidal Basin Road.
And, on Barking Road, delays are likely until December 6.
From tomorrow - November 29 - until Thursday there will be no service on the entire DLR network after 11.30pm each day.
From Sunday to Thursday, there will be travel disruptions from Hackney Downs to Chingford after 10.45pm and a reduced service between Gospel Oak and Barking.