Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- Credit: Trevi Ristorante
Trevi Ristorante in Highbury Crescent has been named the Islington Gazette best cafe, as voted for by readers.
In the lead up to charity-led initiative National Hospitality Day on September 18, we asked readers to nominate the best restaurants, pubs and cafes in north London, and then vote on the three finalists.
Despite being a restaurant, the Trevi's warm, welcoming, relaxed and friendly atmosphere scooped it the prize in the cafe category.
Runners up in the poll were The Breakout on Caledonian Road and Acoustic Brasserie in Newington Green.
Trevi Ristorante manager Dennis said the family-run business is well-known in the area.
Since his father Jeff set up the business, the whole family has stepped up to help out.
You may also want to watch:
Dennis said: "I know a lot of people who live in Islington, and people always tell me this is one of their favourite restaurants."
The cafe is just around the corner from Highbury and Islington station, and prides itself on serving some of the city’s "most authentic Italian dishes".
- 1 Islington Council caretaker charged with rape and aggravated burglary
- 2 Islington signs deal to secure homes for Afghan refugees
- 3 Stunning photos show how King's Cross has changed in 20 years
- 4 Helen Anderson: CCTV appeal to trace witnesses to Finsbury Park mum's murder
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn to hold ‘alternative Cop26’ in Scotland
- 7 Highbury church St Joan of Arc marks Covid-delayed centenary
- 8 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 9 Essex Road Sainsbury's closed for deep cleaning after rats filmed crawling over croissants
- 10 Guilty: MP Claudia Webbe harassed her partner's female friend, magistrate rules
"I'm glad our customers continue to come back and support us," he added.
With its "cosy atmosphere" and "cheerful environment", it's little surprise this bustling venue is popular amongst locals.
The restaurant notes on its website: "From the homemade spaghetti and meatballs to the chicken breast with cream and mushroom sauce, everything in our kitchen is prepared from scratch, all using time-honoured recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation".