Tributes paid to woman who died after Highbury flat fall
- Credit: Archant
Friends and neighbours have paid tribute to the “lovely” woman who was killed after falling four stories.
Alison French died from severe head injuries after plunging from the third floor balcony outside her home in Bushfield House, on the Highbury Estate, on March 13.
Bouquets of flowers have been laid outside the 39-year-old’s home with messages of condolences.
One read: “To lovely Alison, I’m going to miss your bubbly spirit around the flats. See you in heaven.”
Another read: “Alison, you will be missed by all your past and present HR colleagues.”
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews had rushed to the scene just after midnight but were unable to save her.
A homicide team are investigating and a 38-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident, but has been bailed pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 2 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 3 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 8 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 9 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 10 Man in hospital with potentially 'life-changing' injuries following stabbing
The death is being treated as unexplained.