Tributes to girl, 7, after fatal fall from 11th floor Finsbury balcony
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been laid at the scene where a little girl fell to her death last night.
The seven-year-old, plunged from a balcony on the 11th floor of Emberton Court, in Tompion Street, Finsbury at around 6.45pm.
She was still alive when the emergency services arrived, but was in cardiac arrest.
They rushed her to the Royal London Hospital where she died soon after.
The girl has not been named, but next of kin have been informed. She is thought to be part of a Somalian family and one of three children.
You may also want to watch:
Three bouquets of flowers had been placed near at the foot of the block where the child would have fallen.
One, written in a child’s handwriting, said: “RIP little angel, always in our thoughts. lots of love.”
- 1 Arsenal pub Tollington Arms listed 'to prevent it being turned into flats'
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car and train around Islington and Hackney
- 3 'Obscene gestures and racist abuse' made at Islington Council meeting
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 6 Five times Islington has featured in films and TV series
- 7 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 8 Largest beer garden in North London being built for Euro 2020
- 9 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 10 Tony Eastlake: Man in court over fatal stabbing of Islington flower seller
Another read: “Gone to soon. RIP angel.”
One neighbour said: “They’d lived here about three years, I knew them to say hello to. I didn’t hear anything last night, I was watching TV. The first I heard was all the sirens, then there lots of people about outside. It’s shocking.
The girl’s death is being treated as unexplained and detectives from Islington are investigating.
A post mortem has been scheduled for later this week.