Tributes to girl, 7, after fatal fall from 11th floor Finsbury balcony
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been laid at the scene where a little girl fell to her death last night.
The seven-year-old, plunged from a balcony on the 11th floor of Emberton Court, in Tompion Street, Finsbury at around 6.45pm.
She was still alive when the emergency services arrived, but was in cardiac arrest.
They rushed her to the Royal London Hospital where she died soon after.
The girl has not been named, but next of kin have been informed. She is thought to be part of a Somalian family and one of three children.
You may also want to watch:
Three bouquets of flowers had been placed near at the foot of the block where the child would have fallen.
One, written in a child’s handwriting, said: “RIP little angel, always in our thoughts. lots of love.”
- 1 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 2 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 3 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 6 Disused Holloway garages converted into garment-making workspace
- 7 Why Arsenal's Leah Williamson is perfect England captain?
- 8 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 9 Islington kids are being 'drawn into county lines drug smuggling'
- 10 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
Another read: “Gone to soon. RIP angel.”
One neighbour said: “They’d lived here about three years, I knew them to say hello to. I didn’t hear anything last night, I was watching TV. The first I heard was all the sirens, then there lots of people about outside. It’s shocking.
The girl’s death is being treated as unexplained and detectives from Islington are investigating.
A post mortem has been scheduled for later this week.