Triplets jailed for firearm offences after Islington accomplices found with Uzi sub-machine gun and loaded pistol
- Credit: Archant
Identical triplets have been jailed for firearm offences and will join their Islington accomplices behind bars.
Reiss, Ralston and Ricky Gabriel, 28, were jailed for conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life in relation to an incident in April 2017. They were sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court today, where Reiss was jailed for 18 years and his brothers got 14 years each.
Five others have been jailed in connection to this case, including Aaron Thomas, 32, of Georges Road, Holloway, who's serving a life sentence after he was found guilty on counts of conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Hamza Ahmed, 21, of Ashbrook Road, was charged with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and sentenced to 16 years' imprisonment.
On April 10, 2017 police stopped a taxi Ahmed was in as it left Durban Road, N17. They found a bag with an Uzi sub-machine gun and silencer in the back.
You may also want to watch:
Armed police followed Thomas to Stapelton Hall Road on April 26, 2017, where they arrested him for carrying a loaded revolver and ammunition. Thomas was on licence at the time having been jailed for 11 years in 2010 for shooting into a crowd of people outside Wood Green Tube station, which injured one man. Ahmed and Thomas were jailed after a five week trial in 2018.
The Gabriels have been imprisoned after their DNA was found on the pistol. Cops couldn't determine whose DNA it was but evidenced they were all involved.
- 1 Police search for man who exposed himself on Islington 393 bus
- 2 Tollington Arms landlord relieved at rent moratorium extension
- 3 Appeal to trace missing Islington school girl, 14
- 4 'No consultation': Anger Islington cricket pitch could replace park
- 5 Islington man charged with murder of shooting victim Taylor Cox
- 6 'LTNs are killing us': Hundreds of Highbury traders sign petition
- 7 Letters: Low Traffic Neighbourhoods - more points of view
- 8 Doubling of Covid-19 cases in Islington sparks concern
- 9 Islington house prices rise £30k during Covid-19 pandemic year
- 10 Cult restaurant Eggslut set to open third London location