Triplets jailed for firearm offences after Islington accomplices found with Uzi sub-machine gun and loaded pistol
- Credit: Archant
Identical triplets have been jailed for firearm offences and will join their Islington accomplices behind bars.
Reiss, Ralston and Ricky Gabriel, 28, were jailed for conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life in relation to an incident in April 2017. They were sentenced at Blackfriars Crown Court today, where Reiss was jailed for 18 years and his brothers got 14 years each.
Five others have been jailed in connection to this case, including Aaron Thomas, 32, of Georges Road, Holloway, who's serving a life sentence after he was found guilty on counts of conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Hamza Ahmed, 21, of Ashbrook Road, was charged with conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life and sentenced to 16 years' imprisonment.
On April 10, 2017 police stopped a taxi Ahmed was in as it left Durban Road, N17. They found a bag with an Uzi sub-machine gun and silencer in the back.
You may also want to watch:
Armed police followed Thomas to Stapelton Hall Road on April 26, 2017, where they arrested him for carrying a loaded revolver and ammunition. Thomas was on licence at the time having been jailed for 11 years in 2010 for shooting into a crowd of people outside Wood Green Tube station, which injured one man. Ahmed and Thomas were jailed after a five week trial in 2018.
The Gabriels have been imprisoned after their DNA was found on the pistol. Cops couldn't determine whose DNA it was but evidenced they were all involved.
- 1 'Proper old Islington boozer' voted best pub by readers
- 2 Kacem Mokrane: Islington man amongst seven charged with 2017 murder
- 3 Trevi Ristorante scoops prize with readers' votes
- 4 Man in Highbury court charged with shooting gun in High Holborn
- 5 'Islington drivers – you don't always need to overtake cyclists'
- 6 Tony Eastlake: Man denies murder of ‘flower man of Islington’
- 7 Islington community charity launches with sunny street party
- 8 Dog Olympix 2021 raises more than £700 for a water fountain in Whittington Park
- 9 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 10 Covid delays Finsbury Park murder suspect's bail hearing